Shropshire Mind’s main objective is to empower anyone experiencing a mental health challenge. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding of mental ill-health in Shropshire, making sure that the people in need of support are heard.
Shropshire Mind’s values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Open – We reach out to anyone who needs us;
- Together – We’re stronger in partnerships;
- Responsive – We listen and we act;
- Independent – We fearlessly speak out;
- Unstoppable – We never give up.
Our values and beliefs are reflected in the service we provide, in that we:
- Make sure the service we provide reflects the needs of the local community;
- Respect the dignity and rights of everyone that uses our service;
- Make sure that our services are appropriate, safe and acceptable;
- Create an environment that is welcoming to everyone, with a zero tolerance to any discriminatory behavior;
- Offer choices and promote independence;
- Raise awareness and educate the public on mental health issues;
- Value the contribution our staff and volunteers make;
- Work in partnership with other relevant agencies;
- Operate within the principles of corporate governance.